Mitsu is proud to be a part of Global Kachchh Initiative, a people’s movement initiated by KRIDA (Krishi Research Innovation and Development Association) and GVT (Global Vikas Trust) to find a long-term, sustainable solution to Kachchh’s woes.
Historically, India’s largest district of Kachchh has faced recurring droughts,
severely affecting lives of thousands of Kachchhis.
- In 2019, Kachchh witnessed the worst drought in the last 30 years. 16 of the 20 dams dried up that year, and the average rainfall was a mere 12mm.
- The ingress of sea into the land has increased the salinity of the water
making it inappropriate for farming.
- The lack of water resulted in a drop in natural vegetation, thereby depriving
the livestock of food.
- Nature’s inhospitality is a major shortcoming for the industrious and
entrepreneur kachchhis, many of whom have migrated in search of work.
- Global Kachchh is a people’s movement initiated by KRIDA (Krishi Research
Innovation and Development Association) and GVT (Global Vikas Trust) to find a long-term, sustainable solution to Kachchh’s woes.
The road travelled so far
Started in October 2021, the mass movement has gained momentum with the common Kachchhis, who are participating in large numbers.
- Already 154 villages have been surveyed for sustainable development works by our experts, geologists, and civil engineers.
- Various works have been implemented in 33 villages of Abdasa and Mandvi talukas. Other villages will be covered in the next phase.
- Expansion to Mundhra, Lakhpat, Nakhatrana & other talukas is planned in the current phase.
360° sustainable development
Current Status of the Project
We began work in 154 out of the 245 villages located along the Kankavati Aquifer in the talukas of Mandvi and Abdasa. and a few villages in Mundhra Taluka for 2021-22. A detailed survey of these 154 villages was completed, & implementation of various works was done in 33 of these villages.
The works done at village level were of the following types :
• Bawad Removal.
• Desilting Of Water Bodies.
• Repairing & Raising Of Check Dams.
• Recharging Borewells
• Farm Bunds.
• Farm Ponds
• Recharge In Rivers.
• Gauchar Land Development.
• Tree Plantation.